1. Construction of roads.
2. Construction of drains
3. Construction of bridges and culverts.
4. Construction of buildings.
5. Maintenance of roads, drains, bridges, culverts and buildings.
6. Maintenance of burial grounds.
7. Conducting, maintenance and repairing of crematoria
8. Issuance of permits for cremation - Necessary Documents :- Original copy of the Death Certificate and a Photostat copy of the same (original copy will be returned after the same being sealed.
9. Issuance of crematoria permits - Necessary Documents :- Original Copy of the Death Certificate and a Photostat copy of the same (Original copy will be returned after the same being sealed).
Charges – Within the administrative limits of the Municipal Council - (Rs. 3500/=)
Outside the administrative Limits of the Municipal Council - (Rs. 5000/=)
For Samurdhi Recipients - (Rs. 2000/=) -A copy of the Samurdhi Card should be brought
10. Issuance of permits for the construction of monuments.
Necessary Documents :- A copy of the Death Certificate.
Letter of request.
For a Monument in the following size –
Length Width Height
01 Foot 01 Foot 03 Feet - Rs. 15,000/=
02 Feet 02 Feet 03 Feet - Rs. 50,000/=
11. Issuance of damage permits for water supply units.
For 01 square meter of tar - Rs. 799.68
For 01 square meter of concrete - Rs. 1370.88
For 01 square meter of carpet - Rs. 1119.55
For more than 05 square meters of damages caused to roads - (Charges will be recovered after the field)
12. Acquisition of roads to the Council For the development of the same.
Receipt of a letter of request for the acquisition of roads.
Filing of the Council’s Resolution / Council’s Decision relevant to the acquisition of roads.
Obtaining of assessment reports.
Preparation of the Survey Plan.
Carrying out of maintenance activities on the relevant road informing that the road was acquired to the Municipal Council.
Calling for objections regarding the acquisition.
Submission for the approval of the Commissioner of Local Government.
Taking of necessary measures to publish the acquisition of roads in the Government Gazette.
Obtaining of the Assessment Report regarding acquisition of land.
13. Naming of roads.
Receipt of a letter of request regarding naming of roads.
Obtaining of Council’s Resolutions / Council’s Decisions.
Obtaining of assessment reports.
Holding of inquiries having called for objections.
Publishing in the Gazette notification.
Obtaining of the approval from the Commissioner of Local Government.
Naming of the road.
14. Construction, Maintenance and development of children’s parks, playgrounds, body building centres and community centers.
15. Implementation of town development projects.
Uninterrupted lighting of street lamps within the administrative limits of the Municipal Council.
Restoration of inoperative street lamps within a maximum period of time.
Provision of lighting equipments as and when it is necessary for functions and public activities within the administrative limits of the Municipal Council.
Mechanical Engineering Section
Repairs to the vehicles which should be repaired as and when it is necessary.
Obtaining of fuel necessary for the running of vehicles belonging to the Council.
Purchase of spare parts necessary for the vehicles which should be repaired.
Activities regarding obtaining of vehicle licences.
Activities regarding obtaining of vehicle insurance certificates.