01. Reservation of play grounds (Angampitiya ground, Nawala Senanayake ground, Bandaranayakepura ground, Obesekarapura ground, Diyawannawa ground, Moragasmulla ground)
Photocopy of the I.D
(If the play ground reserves by the firm, request letter must be with the letter head)
If the reservation has done by the person or firm, relevant request must be done to the mayor or municipal commissioner.
After the approval of the mayor or municipal commissioner, if the reservation is doing by the person, he or she must hand over the copy of ID, approved request letter and the relevant charges.
If the reservation is doing by the firm, the firm must hand over the approved letter head and relevant charges.
02′ Reservation of function halls (Swarna Silva function hall-Bandaranayakepura, Obeysekarapura function hall,Arunodaya Mawatha Community Center, Ananda Samarakoon Outdoor theater-Nugegoda)
Photocopy of the I.D
To reserve a function hall, relevant request must be done to the mayor or municipal commissioner.
After receiving the approval by the mayor or municipal commissioner, to reserve the function hall present the approved request letter, photocopy of the ID and relevant charges.
03. Giving fresh milk and sugar freely for Buddhist and non Buddhist religious schools’ students on Saturdays and Sundays.
Purpose : To gain a perfect and qualitative children generation by giving fresh milk on morning.
Dates of giving fresh milk : Saturdays and Sundays
Place of purchasing sugar : Co-operative Association
Place of purchasing fresh milk : NLDB
Quantity of religious schools : 39
Qualification to obtain fresh milk freely
Religious schools situating in the division.
Request: by request letter
Giving fresh milk and sugar
Recommendation of public utility committee
Giving fresh milk and sugar
04. Donate Rs.2500/- as death donations for the public living in Kotte division
When a person dies who has voting power in the Sri Jayewardanapura division, the closest relative can obtain a donation.
Donated amount: – Rs.2500.00
Application issue by the municipal council
Photocopy of death certificate of the death persons’
ID photocopy of the requester
Requester must fill the application issue by municipal council and get sign by the Grama Sevaka, Divisional Secretary and member of the council and hand over with the above documents.
Public Utility Department checks the above documents and present to the municipal commissioner approval. After receiving the approval, present to the accounting division by general voucher.
Issue the cheque by accounting division
Update the register
05. Admitting the children to Day Care and Pre School and carrying on the day today activities
There are two day cares and pre schools control by Kotte municipal council
Request letter from father or mother
Application given by day care
Copy of the birth certificate of the child
Service certificate of father and mother
G.S. certificate to prove the settled place
Order of the admitting
With the recommendation of the matron, according to the request letter get the approval of the municipal commissioner
Issue the receipts for day care fees and deposit
In case of leaving a child from day care, pay back the deposit amount by getting a request letter recommended by the matron
06. Donate Rs.40, 000/- to the registered elder’s home in Kotte division annually
Elder’s home must registered in the divisional secretaries office
Elder’s home must operated in Sri Jayewardenapura division
Maximum donation : Rs.40, 000/- annually
Tasks which giving donation : For the pilgrimage for worshipping
Necessary documents: – 1. Request letter recommended by divisional secretaries’ office
2. Accounts details for the elder’s home
1. Requesting donation – Request letter with the bank accounts details
2. Giving donation – Recommendation from financial committee approval by the council
Paying donation by the cheque
7. Donate Rs.50, 000/- to the Daham schools registered in Kotte division annually
Sacred place must be registered in the divisional secretaries’ office.
Religious school must be carried out in the sacred place itself.
Maximum donation amount: Rs.50, 000/- annually.
Donations given for
1. To develop the physical resources in the religious schools.
2. To conduct programs for developing spiritual qualities of children.
Request the donation: – Requesting letter with the bank accounts details.
Giving donation : – Recommendation of the finance committee
Paying donation by a cheque
8. Changing the following restraining sentence of the deed which offer by the municipal council by obtaining the written approval of the western province minister of the subject’s
“Without the written approval of western province minister of the subject’s, restrain to sell, present, lease, transfer the ownership or changing the ownership any other way of the land or part of the land.”
9. Giving vocational training, sawing, embroding and painting to the low income holders by vocational training centre
Can be applied by an application
Let them know the date and time of the commencing courses by post cards
Purpose of the carrying out the courses
Guide for the self employment and giving the knowledge for that low income earners in Kotte division
These courses are free of charge.
There is no age limits for the participants.
Living in Kotte division